Wednesday, November 24, 2010

ART

What is the purpose of art? Expression for the artist, and to provoke thought, for the audiences? What role does this subjectivity play in our lives when we are not the ones creating these pieces? Art serves great purpose to the artist himself, it is a mere point of view from the artist. Do Audiences like it because it echoes their thoughts? I realised I only like art pieces which echo my thoughts and for those I don't agree with, it makes me think. Do people like art for any other reasons?

Even though I always procrastinate and leave studying for the very very last minute, I'll miss studying for SOVA. It's really interesting when you read in depth - just that I've started too late again. Art isn't like other subjects though, it isn't all about the studying but interpretation and how you react to it. And that's why I like it

No comments: